Technical Update

Just a quick update so you guys didn't think I disappeared again! So my computer did another forced Windows update around Thursday and gave it the black screen of death! It disabled my keyboard, mouse, and corrupted everything from my video card to my battery pack. It was finally fixed but the upgrade bumped it back to junk mode again...I was seriously considering throwing it down the trash chute. I've been without it for 3 months anyways! Well I decided to completely wipe it on Friday. My mom backed it up before it was sent back, but I didn't even care if I lost anything at that point...I just wanted to use the darn thing!

I was looking forward to getting wifi/cable on Sunday. Comcast was supposed to come anytime from 10-noon, but they never showed up! I called at noon, 2:30, and 5. They claimed that they came by at 11 and 3, but I'm not buying it....I didn't have a single missed call and home all day. I was stuck on house arrest as I waited for Comcast to stand me up...not to mention I had three passionate phone calls with their customer service reps. A big thank you to Comcast...of course they couldn't send anyone out because it was after their service hours, but they "generously" offered to reschedule for Thursday with a $20 reduction on the installation. Which, according to the floor supervisor, that's the best they can do...(pretty sad if that's true). I got on the apartment computers and got an account with Verizon. Boom. I can pick up their crap tomorrow and install it myself...for free. And I got more perks at a cheaper rate. See ya later Comcast....its been nice...err....its been real...its been a real pain in my rear. (Santa is watching and we all know who has been naughty and nice.)

So I don't know if the Blogging Gods want to make it extremely difficult to post, but it's been a rough three months. Let's cross our fingers that tomorrow I'll actually have Internet and a fully functional computer. Wish me luck....

No comments:

Post a Comment