Brand Brawl: Lululemon vs. Marshalls


Alright ladies, tonight is the start of our first "Brand Brawl," with Lululemon mega-brand facing off the thrifty saver Marshalls brand.

Going toe-to-toe, Marshalls will duke it out to find out how much discount fitness apparel you can buy compared to one pair of Lululemon leggings. Will it be worth it or will quality be scarified? We will find out if the deal was really worth the steal....

ROUND ONE


Up first is a pair of leggings made by a unknown brand 90 degrees. This Marshall's brand likes to replicate Lululemon colors and styles, even stealthily positioning their similar yoga-inspired circle logo in the same place. They had two pockets in the front and the red panels were similar to "love red". 

Price: $19.99

Verdict: PASS! These tights were TOASTY and opaque. The fit was great.

ROUND TWO


Next up is a Swiftly DUPE from another unknown brand called Climawear. Yes, this little look-a-like is pretending to be a Lululemon Swiftly LS with a seamless body, thumb holes, and a crew neck.

Price: $14.99

Verdict: PASS! Arms are a little larger than the Swiftly, but the material appears to be thicker. The garment is a little scratchy...not soft like Lululemon's....but compared to the $68 price, I won't have to worry about my sensitive fabric threads picking.

ROUND THREE


I spy SPRY! These bright crops come from another stealthy Marshalls brand called Kyoden. The crops are a dead ringer for Lululemon's color "Spry" blue. No pockets on these, but they have keyhole details on the back of the calves and a *gasp* diamond gusset!

Price: $15.00

Verdict: PASS! PASS! PASS! These crops were Lululemon soft AND opaque. The diamond gusset gave the crops a nice fit and the color was vibrant. I can't believe these were that cheap. I would have bought these for $70+. Seriously Lululemon....if a $15 knockoff brand can give me a diamond gusset and opaque brights, why can't you? These will be a new favorite.

ROUND FOUR


Last up is a jacket from 90 degrees. This jacket has a ruffled-ruched detail in the back, zipper garage, thumbholes, and a structured bodice. Compared to power purple, the color is a little darker and could be compared to Lululemon's color "tender violet."

Price: $24.99

Verdict: PASS! This jacket feels like Luon and has a structured fit. The color is nice, and I don't feel so guilty paying $24.99 compared to Lululemons $108 Forme jacket. 


FINAL OUTCOME

So what do you think? Who won this round?

Is my $30 outfit comparable to a $152 one? 

I don't think I'm going to ditch higher-end brands anytime soon, but I'm definitely keeping Marshalls on my radar in the future!

Thanks for reading and please do me a favor and like my Facebook page!