Nordstrom Store Visit - 9/28/2013

So I stopped by Nordstom to try some of their athletic brands. I have heard good things about Zella, Unit-Y, and Hard Tail. There wasn't much of a selection in the store. They did have some things on markdown, but there was only a rack or two of Unit-Y and Hard Tail.

The first outfit is a Nike "Twist & Tie Flant" tank ($30) and Zella "Move" pants ($74").

I liked both of these. The Nike tank was comfortable and soft. The Move pants reminded me of LLL's Studio pants. They weren't as good of fit, but the material felt similar....but for 2/3s of the price they are a good price and substitution.

The next tank is the "Mandy Strappy" tank by Zella ($35). 

This tank has a built in bra and is on markdown. The price and color is good, but I felt like my larger chest made my waist look wider. 

The next the Zella "Z5" tee ($32) and the "So Sweet" skort ($38).

I really liked the tee and skort. I felt like the tee was a good price and the ruching hugged you in the right places. The skirt was really cute and fit similar to LLLs pacesetter skirt. It didn't "bell" out as much. I felt like the sale price was a good price.

Zella "Move it" capri pants ($64).

These are like the pants above, expect I liked the fit better. At 2/3s the price of the Street to Studio crop, I would have bought these in my size. They only had a size 0. I grabbed them by mistake. If they had my size, they would have been mine.

Next is a Zella "All Shirred Up" pullover ($58) and "Power play live in leggings" ($58).

I wasn't a big fan of the shirt....mainly because it is a cowl neck. I couldn't get it to lay the way I wanted it to. I thought it was significantly overpriced for the quality of the material. The leggings were fun and were a great price. I didn't feel like they were sheer and they fit well.

Zella "Emily" zip-front vest ($65) and Nike "pleated woven tennis skirt" ($58).

I liked the vest, but I didn't really need it. I think it needed to be on a big markdown for me to get it. I think the sale price was what it should have been sold as. $88 is too much for a thin layering vest. The Nike skort was cute, despite the high price. The colors were unique enough the price would be reasonable if you needed more tennis/running skorts.

(By the way, I realize this is a terrible combination. I was too lazy to go back and pick another top and needed something.)

Last is a Zella "French Terry Hoodie" ($68) and Unit-Y "Surefire" zip hem capri leggings ($28).

The hoodie was soft and 40% off the price of a LLL scuba. There's not much "special" about this hoodie, but it definitely a cheaper alternative with good color choices. The capris are on markdown. They are really cheap and the print is playful. The cotton print isn't super soft, but I love the fun heart pattern.

Well I wish I could have tried on some things from Hard Tail, but it was all picked over :(. Zella and Unit-Y had some great alternatives that were at a much lower price point. Although Athleta is cheaper than Lululemon, it is only slightly cheaper. Zella full-price items were about 30-40% less than Lululemon, making it an adequate substitution.

What did you guys think? Have anyone ever shopped at Nordstorm for brands like Zella?