Sephora Summer Essentials



It's that time again....sun is shining, grass is growing, and Sephora has released their annual SunSafety Kit. Every summer Sephora releases a goodie bag of SPF favorites at a bargain price and this year is a winner. I was running a little low on my beauty supplies, so the timing was perfect! For $32, the 2014 Sephora Sun Safety Kit comes with over $177 worth of goodies....16 generous samples to bronze and block out the sun.


What it is: 
A kit containing 16 deluxe sample sizes of sunscreen, safe self-tanning, and bronzing must-haves, plus a convenient travel bag. 

What it does: 

Sephora and The Skin Cancer Foundation are proud to unveil the eighth edition of the Sun Safety Kit. One of Sephora’s most popular kits, this collection features a huge array of products for tanning, bronzing, and protection for glowing summer skin in a bright travel bag. $20 from the sale of each kit will benefit The Skin Cancer Foundation. 


This Set Contains: 
- 0.06 oz Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta® Daily Glow Moisture 
- 0.5 oz Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense® Lotion 
- 0.14 oz Too Faced® Chocolate Soleil Medium/Deep Matte Bronzer 
- 0.3 oz Clarins UV Plus HP Multi-Purpose Broad Spectrum SPF 40 Sunscreen 
- 0.33 oz Murad® Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 PA++ 
- 0.5 oz Tarte™ Brazilliance Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Self Tanner 
- 0.23 oz Stila Stay All Day® 10-in-1 HD Bronzing Beauty Balm Broad-Spectrum SPF 30 
- Dr. Dennis Gross™ Alpha Beta® Glow Pad 
- 0.15 oz bareMinerals READY Touch Up Veil Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Translucent 
- 1.69 oz St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse 
- 0.5 oz Origins A Perfect World™ SPF 25 Age-Defense Moisturizer 
- 1 oz Supergoop! Sun-Defying Sunscreen Oil Broad Spectrum SPF 50 
- 0.64 oz Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ For Face 
- 0.5 oz Algenist Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF 20 
- 0.08 oz Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15 
- 0.5 oz Ole Henriksen Protect the Truth SPF 50+ Broad Spectrum UV Protection 
- Travel bag 


I already have been a big fan of Dr. Denni  Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pads, St. Tropez Self Bronzing Mouse, and Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment....so I knew I would like this bag. I'm not super picky on SPF brands, but I got a lot of use out of my kit last year. I threw the little bottles of SPF in my purse, golf bag, makeup case.....having them constantly around me made it easy to use all of the time!


Here's a quick close up of the Too Faced Matte Bronzer and BareMinerals Touch Up Veil. I like that they are matte and don't have shimmer. I would rather put on a liquid highlighter if I wanted to add shimmer.


 I like that this years kit came in a large cosmetic bag. Last year it came in a clear plastic train case. The train case was very cheap and the decals wouldn't peel off. This year all of the decals peeled off without any issues.

These kits sell out really quickly....it's already sold out online....but local stores will still probably have them!


I have one scent I really love, but I do love to mix up my summer scents. I liked that the Spray of Sunshine for Her fragrance kit came with 6 samples plus a voucher for a rollerball for $24. It's hard for me to test out scents in the store....they all start blending together....now I have a few I can throw in my purse and take my time choosing the one I want! If I don't like any of the scents....I can always just return the kit.


I've been stuck needing to wash my hair at the gym, so I ordered the Alterna Caviar Transformation Kit for $30. The kit comes with travel size Replenishing Moisture Shampoo, Replenishing Moisture Conditioner, Overnight Hair Rescue, and Working Hair Spray. All of these products are amazing AND they are made without Parabens, Sulfates, Synthetic Dyes, Phthalates, GMOs, and Triclosan. Ugh...this makes me want to order more of the larger bottles now....


I ordered Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Liquid and Cream travel set back in March. Two months later, I'm finally running out! This liquid and cream really goes a long way and it has been one my new favorites! It smells good....like lemons...and it has really cleared up my dry rough patches on my face! I ended up re-ordering the starter kit for $34. I wanted to order the full size, but it would have been $87 for the set. I liked the starter kit for the size....its why I have been using it so much. While I can throw the minis in my purse or toiletry bag, I would have to leave the larger bottles at home.  


Still loving their point system. It's a great way to hand select deluxe samples I'm dying to try. For 100 points each, I got an Elizabeth and James Nirvana fragrance sample and Nars lip gloss in Orgasm.

Since reward samples are deluxe size, it's easier actual test makeup and fragrance. I've gotten some of my favorite skincare and makeup products through their samples! Two months ago I got a deluxe sample of Benefit's It's Potent! Eye Cream and I really liked it! I'm finally getting to the bottom and I'm going to have to order the full size!


I always take advantage of Sephora's 3 free samples. I try to stay away from the makeup and fragrance (too small) and stick to the skincare samples. They are perfect for weekend trips or gym bag touchups. Those little packets are always sealed, so I never have to worry about spills!


I think I made out like a bandit with all of my summertime goodies....I love all of my minis! Did you order Sephora's Sun Safety Kit this year? What products do you absolutely need for the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment