Lululemon - Cross Town Pant and Hot Hitter Polo



I got my Lululemon unicorn two days ago! For those unfamiliar....a Lulu "unicorn" is a personally sought after Lululemon item that has been sold out and/or discontinued. Some extreme Lulu-Addicts will pay up to 3-4 times the retail price to get their hands on their rare "unicorn." I've seen Quiet Strip Wunder Under Crops (WUC) and discontinued Speed Shorts sell for $300-400 used.

While some will do anything for their unicorn, I personally cannot pay double retail price for a used item. It is very tempting, but I cannot do it. Last week, I was very happy to find my own personal "unicorn"...Lululemon's Cross Town Pant in Charcoal Grey/Black. 



The Cross Town Pant came out the last week of September 2012 and retailed for $98. I was able to find a size 6 on eBay for $120. I probably could have gotten them for retail price, but I didn't want someone else to use the "buy it now" before the sale closed. I ended up paying a little less than $130 with shipping. 

The pants were $30 more than retail, but I don't feel too bad since they arrived in excellent condition. I couldn't even tell these were worn. The material was a thick, denim-like material. I didn't know what to expect for the patches at the knees...I was expecting mesh, but was happy to see that it was luxtreme fabric...which is much softer and thicker. Luxtreme was also used on the waistband. I also liked the snaps. They had Lululemon Omega symbol stamped on them and ran up the side of the ankle. 


The fit of these pants were really nice. They were completely opaque and had a lot of compression, which gave my rear some lift. I also liked that they used luxtreme on the waistband.....it made them really comfortable.


I bought these pants primarily for casual wear. I don't see them working well for workouts. While the snaps are cute, I don't think I would wear anything but sandals and converse sneakers. You could definitely wear them for yoga, but the material is too thick for hot yoga. Overall, I'm really happy with the fit and look of these pants. They will make a great substitute for days I want to skip jeans.


I also won an eBay auction for last year's Hot Hitter Polo in Nimbus/White. I really liked my polo this year, and thought the neutral stripes will look great with my colored skorts. 

I did notice some changes between last year's and the current Hot Hitter Polo. It seems like they used cheaper buttons last year. I really like the dipped buttons in my current Hot Hitter Polo. Although I think they did a better job with the buttons this year, I preferred the fabric they used on the back on LAST year's polo. I think it is Tencel fabric. It has a slight wrinkle to it, but there seems to be a two way stretch. This year's version has Swift fabric (used in Dance Studio Pants/Jackets). It wrinkles horrible and there is zero stretch. The Tencel-like fabric in last year's version is also softer.


The fit is essentially the same, but I think the chest might be slightly smaller. I bought this one in a size 4....the same size as this year's version....but it looks like the fabric is pulling a little on the chest. I need to try it on again....I did throw it on really quick for the photo, so it might just need an adjustment. Other than that, the fit felt exactly the same as this year's polo.

I'm very happy to get two older Lululemon items I've been searching for? Have you found your Lululemon "unicorn" yet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment