Foam Rolling - The Grid


I have a problem....for the last two weeks.....I have been addicted. No it's not Lululemon, Athleta, or YogaSmoga. My addiction has been over a 12 inch cylinder piece of foam.
The GRID Foam Roller
That's right. I've been addicted to foam rolling. With my heavy lifting and constant strain on my shoulders from golf and trapeze, my muscles have been rigid and tight all the time. Although my husband has a few tricks up his sleeve from is chiropractic dad, my shoulders were still killing me.

Photo Credit: ClubGolf Performance Center Facebook Page
For the last month, I have been training under a new golf coach at ClubGolf, a golf performance center. My new coach has been very focused on my posture, core, and flexibility. I go to my hour lesson at 7:00 AM every Saturday and end up staying for 2 hours of golf conditioning classes ('X Flexibility' and 'Power & Speed') she teaches. Amazing....purely amazing.

I consider myself pretty fit, but I've found out my posture sucks, my core is weak, and my flexibility needs to improve. (This is in my own words, not hers.) She has been great at increasing my flexibility and developing my core and has also been adamant about using a foam roller after every session.

It's painful at times..... but also sheer bliss. I have grown attached to my cylinder piece of compressed foam. So much, that I have been using it after every workout. It has helped me recover from heavy leg days and also worked out all of the kinks and stress in my shoulders. It's love I was never aware of.
Trigger Point Performance The Grid Revolutionary Foam Roller with SMRT-CORE DVDs (Orange)

I ended up ordering my own torture device on Amazon. The Grid 13" foam roller is one of the best rollers on the market due to its three unique densities. It retails for $39.99, but I was able to snag the orange one on Amazon for $29.99. I guess no one wants an obnoxious orange one....but I have no loyalties to a specific color, so the the obnoxious color didn't bother me....if anything, it will help me find it quicker. :)

Thanks to Amazon Prime, my amazing roller will be here tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to using it on a daily basis. How do you recover from your workouts?


For additional reading:





FOAM ROLLING MISTAKES



No comments:

Post a Comment