Brand Review: Ellie

So I have been really wanting to check out this company called Ellie after I have heard about it the Fit Fashionista subscription last couple months.



From what I understand, the Ellie fitness brand started out (under another name) as a subscription box service that provided monthly workout wear from different brands. After awhile, they did what some might consider a "bait and switch" and started to produce their own workout clothes under the Ellie Fit Fashionista Club.

Now supposedly they get their items made by the same manufactoring companies as Lululemon....but I cannot verify this as a fact and can only give my review

So here how Ellie works:

Every month you can pick out two items for $49.95. You have up to 8 days to make a selection or opt not to purchase anything that month. If you do not opt out or make a selection, Ellie will send you 2 pieces to your address. You can buy more items in their store, but they are pricey....almost as expensive as Lululemon.

The plus side is exchanges are free...the downside is they charge for shipping, unless you buy more than $100. You would have to buy another item in addition to your subscription pieces to get free shipping.

Ellie Fit Fashonista Review - Here's what I got:



The package comes in a pretty pink, metallic bubble wrap....it's like getting a Christmas present!



I ordered the Buddhalicious Capri. This is a watermelon colored capri that retails on their site for $74.95. 



The color is bright and vibrant. They feel thick like luon. Athleta's feel a little bit cotton-like and lightweight, but these feel thick.


There's a pocket on the inside of the waistband.


There's also a rip out tag. The material says it's 11% spandex, 89% polyester. 


The waistband reminds me of Lulu's Astro waistband.


You can fold it down, if you want a lower rise.


The material is pretty opaque. They don't hide EVERYTHING, but this is a very light color and they don't compare at all to some of Lulu's sheer pants.

Worn with white CRB, heathered grey Exhalation Pullover, and suede New Balance Minimus  shoes

I am overall pretty satisfied with these pants. I was worried they were going to look cheap, but they don't feel or look cheap at all. I can nit pick a bit....there are not as many pockets as I would like, and I would like the material to be a little bit thicker to be "perfect"....but at the end of the day its hard to nit pick $25 yoga pants.


\

I also got the Gleaming Goddess shirt. This ivory tee retails on the site for $39.95. I was really tempted to get another tank that was much more (but would have been the same subscription price), but I need more tees right now.




The material is buttery and soft. The color looks similar to angel wing.



Like the crops, the top has a rip out tag. The material says its 95% bamboo and 5% spandex.


The material was pretty thick. It didn't seem see through in the front at all.


The back drapes like a cowl neck. I wish I had a sports bra that would have the straps on the side, like Lulu's daily bra.



So here is the final Ellie look. Overall, I'm impressed in the quality for both items and I'm looking forward to seeing what items come out next month!

So there's another subscription brand I ordered from and waiting for it to arrive....Fabeletics. This brand cofounded by Kate Hudson and has the same prices. I would say Ellie has more eccentric pieces, while Fabeletics has more basic pieces. Both of them together kinda form a baby Lululemon!

I'll be writing a separate Fabeletics review like the Ellie review, and then I'll probably be doing another "Brand Brawl" that compares the two!

Have you guys ever tried the Ellie Fit Fashionista Club? If so, post your Ellie review!

(These items were purchased with my own money and my review has no promotion or association with the company)