Rain Runner Jacket - Missing in Action...found!



My Lululemon package containing my Rust Berry Rain Runner Jacket was MIA last night! I had mini wave of anxiety as my apartment complex "misplaced" my package. The FedEx status said it was delivered around noon. I received an email from my apartment complex saying I had a package at 12:05 so it had to be there....right?

They couldn't find my package anywhere. It was so frustrating....I think I went down to our lobby like 4 times. At this point, I was ready to do an official police report....not to jump the gun, but to keep the fault at the apartment complex since I couldn't get my money back through Lululemon or FedEx. I was also concerned that they accidentally gave out my package to someone else since they did scan it into their system. They may have not been able to return it for cash, but someone could have received a nice little $200 gift card for returning at a local store.

I went back this morning expecting to have a conversation with the management office but was pleasantly surprised to find out that they located my package. Apparently they gave my package to another tenant (which was nowhere close to my number or floor). She opened the package, realized it wasn't hers, and returned it to the front desk.

I'm not too sure about this situation. I personally don't sign for packages unless they are mine. Even if I got a load of packages to pick up, I certainly would not have opened a package that didn't have my name on it. If I had received a giant Neiman Marcus box, I certainly would have thought "I didn't order anything from Neiman's....." and check the label. Part of me wonders if she was just checking to see if she liked the item or if it was in her size. Luckily for me, it was returned, and the jacket was still sealed in the packaging.

Regardless of intentions, I'm really glad I was able to get the jacket back....I bought the last one in my size online, and I don't think this item was in a lot of the local stores. If so, it would have been long gone by now. As much as I wanted the jacket, I was more concerned with being able to recoup my money. A $200 loss would have been hard to swallow. While I'm grateful that the tenant did the right thing by returning the package, I'm still a little irked that the apartment complex signed over my package to someone else and that another tenant absent-mindedly (or consciously) opened my package.

Due to the package fiasco, I was running a little late to work so I was unable to really review the jacket. I do need to play catch up with my Fableteics order and this jacket, but I need some good daylight. I'm totally hating on the fact that we lose so much daylight hours in the winter. It's already dark when I wake up and dark by 7:00. I've been trying to get 9 holes of golf in after work so it has been killing my daylight. I'll be getting something up tomorrow though!

Well that's it for my package debacle...have you ever had a shipping snafu? There always seems to be more stress with Lulu items since they frequently sell out...making them hard to find or replace.


No comments:

Post a Comment