Fabletics August Review - Ombre and Lava Print




Last week, I was super excited to see all of the great Fabletics selections for August! I ordered the "Earth" outfit for my monthly pick. I got the Oula Tank in Kelly Green in extra-small and the Salar Leggings in the Blue Lava Print in size small. For the extras, I bought the Salar Cobalt Ombre Leggings in small, Koia Cobalt Sports Bra in small, Tempe Sweatshirt in extra-small, and Aventura Mulberry Ombre Tank in extra-small.


Last month, I fell in love with the Koia Bra and was excited to see it again in a new color! For being a "discount" brand, this tank is extremely well made and could compete with any upper/high level activewear brands. For $19.95, it is an absolute steal, and I highly recommend that you give it a try.


I think my favorite part of this sports bra is the back. It is very supportive, but the open back design gives it a detail that makes it unique. I love how the straps fall on the outside of my tank top vice inside. The neckline is a v-neck, but it is not a deep plunge. I am a 32 D, and the bra shows minimal cleavage.


The ombre Salar leggings were so pretty. It was easily one the items I was most excited to try. The dye is really pretty. I couldn't have asked for a better blue ombre.


I found these true to size, but the material felt in between Lululemon's Luon and Luxtreme fabrics. Not bad at all...there is some silkiness to the fabric. I didn't find these shiny which is always a plus in my book.


The ombre dye looks really pretty on. I was really impressed with these. If this was a bigger brand like Lululemon, Lulu-addicts would be snatching these up left and right. I would be really surprised if they don't sell out soon. While I think they make great yoga leggings, I also think the ombre would look really unique tucked into boots since the dye changes color at the knee.


I didn't know what to expect when I ordered the tank. It was so cheap, I figured what the hell...and put it in my basket. The dye job is really pretty. The top is not true white...more similar to Lululemon's "angelwing" cream color.


I really like how this tank breathes well. I wish I had this all summer because it is so lightweight. I don't know if I would want all of the solids, but the ombre color is sooo pretty.


I don't think I have a favorite in this group...I love so many items....but if I did, it might be this one! I can't believe I almost didn't buy this! At $15, I was like "why not..." The ombre is really pretty, and I love how it drapes. It's the perfect length, and it is not too tight or too loose. I can easily see this a causal and workout favorite.


I give Fabletics credit for doing beautiful ombre pieces at a discounted price. This pullover was a steal, but the colors they used were gorgeous! I'm not sure I liked the unfinished top, but I'm not sure I would like it sewn either. I guess I just don't want it to fray as much.

The material is soft, but not "french terry" soft like Athleta or Lululemon. It's like comparing Egyptian Cotton 1200 thread count sheets from a mall kiosk to Macy's. The $30 kiosk ones are going to be soft, but not as soft as a high end company. French Terry is not equal...just don't expect the same softness from a lower end retailer to a higher end one. I still love the print and the material at the price point.


While the bottom was a little snug at first, I'm definitely glad I sized down. It seems likeI have regretted all of the Fabletics items I didn't down in. Some of the photos make this pullover really boxy, but it looks nice as a fitted pullover. The bottom cuff was a little snug on my rear but has loosened up a bit. I really like this and will be wearing it in the fall casually as well as a gym cover up.


I really liked the color of the Oula tank and the Lava print this month. The Lava print looks like a floral print far away, but it is this really pretty "lava" blobs of blue on a black print. It is much prettier in person than on the site. The tank is also a really pretty true "kelly" green. I don't have any true green tanks so I was happy to add this to my rainbow of tank tops.


Hmmm...while I love the lava color, I am was a little disappointed with these pants! They fit sooo rediculously tight I was barely able to shimmy them up my legs. I was practically breaking a sweat trying to get them on. They kinda have that Lululemon Luxtreme feel where they are really slick.  I ordered a size small but my rear almost didn't fit in! I know I have a larger hiney but jeeze! I still like these because of the great price, but you might want to consider going up in size.


When I was wearing them around they were getting better in regards to fit. I do like that the length isn't super long. I'm on the fence of keeping them. I'll probably keep them for static trapeze...that way I don't have worry about them getting beaten up....I just hope it's not a huge effort putting them on!


I like this tank. It's soft, thin, and I love the color. I can see how some might have issues with it though. It is a little on the clingy side and there is some static when you pull it down. I still really like it. I don't have any "true" green tops so I'm happy to have another color to my rainbow. I also love these tanks because the quality is good and they are cheap. I can throw something cute on, and I won't get upset that I "ruined" my favorite workout top. My sister is wanting to do some obstacle course races with me this year. These kind of tops would be perfect. They are light and inexpensive...I'll be able to toss it if it gets ruined.


It was so hard to pick a favorite this month...I don't think I can do it! While I loved my "extra" pieces I bought, I ended up only liking the pieces in my outfit! I'll use the piece in the "earth" outfit, but I'll get a ton of wear of all the ombre pieces!

Fabletics is a great deal. You can still get your first outfit for $25 if you have never tried them before! If you end up giving Fabletics a try, I would really appreciate it if you used my referral link

Did you order anything from this month's picks?

No comments:

Post a Comment