Maximize Your Space - Vertical Organization for Workout Clothes


Its not uncommon to forget where you put something or to locate those long lost leggings months after you forgot about them. I'm going to show you how I reorganized my fitness apparel over the summer to maximize visibility, optimize space, and increase usability of my new and older garments. Wallah....organization for workout clothes!


For years I had my dresser stuffed with workout clothes folded the "traditional" way. Since I could not see all of my clothes, I would often forget about items I already had or temporarily "misplace" them. I thought there had to be a better way of organizing. There's no point in having so many options if you can't even remember the options you have!


I started with my thin jackets and sweaters, placing them vertical in drawers instead of stacking them. They are separated by zip-ups and pullovers and then by warmness. You can do color if you like to keep your color families together. This method with the jackets and sweaters saved the most space. I couldn't get all of these jackets in one drawer if they were stacked on top of another!


When it came to my running pants/yoga leggings/running crops, started with my longer pants on one end (studio, right round, track to reality pants), then leggings, and then crops on the distance ends. I also picked items that get worn the least and put them in the back. Since I have been in constant love with my Ebb to Flow bras, I put my other sports bras in the back since they aren't worn as much. This gives me more visibility for the type of clothes I wear on a more regular basis.


I applied the same principle organizing my golf clothes and my run shorts. Skirts, skorts, and shorts make up the first row. Then short sleeve polos, sleeveless polos, hats, and belts make up the back row. I have so few of these items, it makes more sense to put these in the back because there aren't as many options.


Finally all of my tops were also vertically stored. If you're like me...I like to separate my Lulu items. I have my non-lulu tanks on one side then my CRBs on the other. In the back I have my long sleeves, short sleeves, and finally my shelf bra tanks.

The vertical storage also seems to "compress" the workout clothes together instead of falling over. I used to have my clothes in large shelves in my closet, but it was too easy for things to topple over.....plus I was lazy and would just throw something right on top. This makes it easy for me, because it take the same amount of time to put it in the correct place instead of throwing it in the drawer wherever I feel like.

Overall this has been really successful for me. It saved so much space I had a whole empty drawer left! I could also see my clothes a lot better, and have been pulling out some old favorites to wear with my new ones.

Do you guys have any crazy organization skills for your fitness apparel? If so, post some photos in the comment section!

UPDATE:

I added photos of how I fold my CRBs and Forme Jackets: