Lululemon Store Visit: 6/5/13

Welcome to my blog! For a fit review, I am 5'7 and 125 lbs. In LLL, I typically wear size 4 tops, size 6 bras, size 4/6 bottoms. I visited the Charleston store yesterday, and was able to try on some of their newer styles:

1. Raspberry Glo CRB
I was disappointed with this one. After seeing some older LLL clothing, I was excited when this color came out. I tried it on in a size 4 and it was too sheer and slightly small. You could see every lump and bump in the fabric. I might come back and try it on in a size 6...the color is tempting.



Pros: Made in Canada, soft
Cons: Sheer
Verdict: Pass, maybe later

2. Groovy Stripe Multi NLT
This top made me happy. Did I need another NLT? No. Did I WANT another NLT, especially in a fun color? YES! Unlike the fugly color "purple haze", the "cool breeze" color is more grey than purple. It can be worn with many different color combinations. Sizing is normal, and I ended up buying this in size 4.



Pros: Fun colors, fit
Cons: None!
Verdict: Bought it!
(will add photo later)

3. Nimbus Groovy Stripe Energy Bra
Sorry for the lack of photo, but this style hasn't been uploaded yet. I had mixed feelings about this top because of how the stripes looks on the different. For the front, stripe placement was key. I typically wear size 6 in LLL bras, and I tried on two different ones to see what stripes I liked. I was underwhelmed, and left it behind for someone else to love.

Pros: Great fit, cute straps
Cons: Stripe placement
Verdict: Pass

4. Nimbus Groovy Stripe Speed Shorts
I really liked these. I have the white WAFS that came out a month or so ago, and these were really soft in comparison. I did not care for the white vertical "tick" marks that are on the back of the shorts. Sizing was normal (size 6). I liked them a lot, but didn't love them enough to buy them that day.



Pros: Comfortable, lightweight
Cons: Vertical "Tick" marks on back
Verdict: Pass, for now :)

5. Mojave Tan Club Short
FAIL! I waited sooo long for this golf line. I recently starting playing golf, and I instantly love the sport. I spend 5 days a week at the golf range, two days with lessons from a PGA pro, and 9-18 holes during ladies league. I noticed lack of feminine style in ladies golf apparel, and thought LLL would bring something unique to the table...nope. I was wrong. All they brought were a pair of sad bermuda shorts and a sloppy polo (which I didn't bother on trying). Even though the shorts looked a little dull, they had some nice accents on them so I decided to try them on. They were terrible, completely terrible. The size 4 made me look like a stuffed sausage, but the sheerness of the material made the $78 shorts look cheap. You could easily see the pockets, so I did't attempt a size 6. Boo on you, LLL. I'm going to give some other brands a try while you attempt to correct yourself.



Pros: Accent sitching was nice
Cons: Fit, material, price
Verdict: Pass, and never look back...unless on 50% markdown in WMTM.

6. Power Purple Ebb & Flow Racerback
This tank is so soft! I tried it on (size 4), not needing another supported top, but was glad I did! The fit and color were nice, and it was a really comfortable tank top. I had to talk myself out of this one. I have so many tops, I try to buy mainly CRBs...at least they can serve a dual purpose under casual clothes. I already had the power purple CRB and didn't want to get another tank in the same color. I'm seriously starting to have regrets, and wish I purchased it. I might come back and get that and those speed shorts.



Pros: Material, fit, color
Cons: None!
Verdict: Pass, but I might be back :)

7. Soot Light Forme Jacket
This is actually my first forme jacket. I fell in love with LLL last year, and I missed out on the define jacket. I remember seeing it and wanting it, but all I could find was the forme. I thought I was crazy at first, because I could have sworn that the LLL logo was a thick outline. I didn't know at the time that define was replaced with the inferior forme. I tried on a few formes in the past, but they were ill fitting and too "plain Jane" to justify the price. When I saw the soot light version, I changed my mind and gave the forme another try. The size 4 looked good in the front, but puckered too much in the back. The size 6 was better, but still wasn't completely flat in the back. While I am not completely impressed with the fit, I liked the color combination enought to buy it. The luon on the sleeves is thick, which can be a good preview to some potentially future WUs. The main material is eye-catching and is denim-like. I don't regret the purchase, but I wish they would make the jacket fit better for it's $108 price tag. I would not buy a forme in a solid color (raspberry glo, zippy green, power purple).



Pros: Color, material
Cons: Fit
Verdict: Bought it!
(will add photo later)

I ended up buying one more item online. I really liked the Nimbus Groovy Stripe Scuba. I don't agree with the $108 price tag for a hoodie, but I will buy one when I really like the print. The last one I bought was the black and polar cream laceoflauge. I really liked the stripe placement and how they aligned the pattern. Although I wanted to try on and handpick this in person, the LLL stores have pulled their scubas until August. I figured I would just take a chance and see what happens. I'm crossing my fingers that it worked out. The tracking number says it will arrive Tuesday, and I'll post photos when it arrives.